Posted By: Tony Baird
Last Updated: Wednesday June 10, 2009
The first day full day of development on the panel went quite well we got a lot accomplished in a short amount of time. Here’s what was accomplished yesterday:
The basics of the database have been designed to handle what we need from the start. This includes but is not limited to machines, ip pools, ip addresses, virtual machines, users, user sessions. This also of course includes relationship tables like how to relate an IP pool to a machine so that it can be used by that machine.
The beauty of this is with all our other projects already using the Vezoz name sake we have a lot of code developed for generic tasks. We obviously use Zend Framework but that does not cover everything we have. We a very complete and powerful model extension to handle the majority of data handling. We have systems in place to quickly create listing pages that are very powerful (search, sort, pagination ect.).
Obviously the authentication system is in place for administrators to login. It also now has the machine handling code in place as well as the majority of the IP address system.
Nothing as of yet
Virtual Machine Handling
This being an obvious major piece of the software we’re currently determining the syntax and the commands necessary to replicate the old HyperVM system we used. So basically all the vzctl commands as well as a few others used for monitoring. We have determined how to handle traffic measuring and we will also be able to create IP’s that are not bandwidth tracked using our method. This should be very useful for those who have private networks where they may wish to offer users NAS, iSCSI ect. but do not want that traffic to be counted towards the users bandwidth amounts.
Goals For Today
Today the goals are to continue to working on the administrative system. The goal is by the end of the week at the latest have everything in place on the admin side that it will handle everything necessary on the database end to keep track of everything. This could include it issueing commands that return as successful but really not doing anything (just calling the objects and methods that would do vzctl functions)